Transfer Credits

There are two primary forms of transfer credit at UBC: credit earned during Go Global exchange, and credit earned at other post-secondary institutions.

 Go Global

Studying abroad is a brilliant opportunity and we encourage students in our programs to take advantage. The Department of English Language and Literatures does not pre-review courses that students are considering taking while on exchange, but Go Global has extensive information on a large number of courses and their credit transfer histories. Visit the Go Global website for full details on how credits are transferred from our partner institutions.

Be sure to consult Go Global advising before you go on exchange to make sure that you are making good choices in your course selections abroad and your degree program when you return.


Transfer from other post-secondary institutions

Transfer credit for courses taken at colleges and universities other than UBC is assessed and determined by the experts at Enrolment Services:

There is a very helpful list of institutions and transferrable courses at which you should consult if you are considering requesting transfer credit.

If you feel that a course has been incorrectly assessed, or if you are hoping to have credits counted differently, you should contact your Enrolment Services Advisor (ESA). If the course needs to be assessed individually, Enrolment Services will contact the English Department on your behalf. It is not possible for the Department of English Language and Literatures to adjust your transfer credit.